Applies to: WebSecurity, ADSync, Support tools, IE, Sync Agent, Error, Installer file was probably renamed, please uninstall and install again with the original name.
Modified on: 26-June-2016
When downloading the Active Directory Agent Installer (ADSync) using Internet Explorer or Edge browser, and running the installer, the following error is displayed: "Installer file was probably renamed. Please uninstall and install again with the original name."
When downloading the ADSync Agent using Internet Explorer or Edge browser, the MSI file name is changed.
- Download Active Directory Sync Agent:
- Login to the Admin Portal.
- Click on Setting and navigate to the General tab.
- Under the Active Directory Synchronization section click on Download, and chose to save the file.
- Open the folder containing downloaded MSI file, and double click on the file or right click on the folder and chose Run\Run As Administrator, to run the installer.
- Upon running the installer, you received the following error "Installer file was probably renamed. Please uninstall and install again with the original name":
- The installer MSI file name is unique per customer, and as such should be kept as is. Internet Explorer and Edge browsers may alter the file name when downloading and saving the file on disk (add "_" or remove the hashtag sign), and as a result the installer cannot run and the above error is displayed.
- To resolve the issue, check the installer file name, as it was downloaded, and validate it has the following format, and rename it as needed:
- For example, a file name as it was downloaded (invalid file name):
- The correct file name after renaming it:
- Return to step 2 and try to re-run the installer.
- Finalize the installation and configuration of the ADSync Agent.