Applies to: WebSecurity, ADSync, Support tools, Windows tools, event log, event viewer, system logs.
Modified on: 26-June-2016
The Windows event logs record the events on the computer. These logs can assist in troubleshooting system issues. The following article provides the guidelines on how to open the Event Viewer, collect and save the Windows system logs in order to investigate CYREN WebSecurity agent issues.
The Event Viewer includes the following logs:
- Application. Events in this log are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that is not necessarily significant, but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.
- Security. This log contains security-related events, which are called audit events, and are described as successful or failed, depending on the event, such as whether a user's attempt to log on to Windows® was successful.
- Setup. Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.
- System. System events are sent to this log by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error, warning, or information.
- Forwarded Events. Events are forwarded to this log by other computers.
Opening the Event Viewer
The Event Viewer can be accessed using shortcuts from the Run line, or the All Programs menu.
- Opening Event Viewer from the Run line
- In Windows Vista/7/2008/2008R2:
- Click on Start
- Click on Run
- In the Run window type msc
- Click OK
- In Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2012/2012R2:
- Click on the WinKey and then click W.
- Type in the Open line ev.
- Select View event logs
- In Windows 10:
- Click on the Start
- Type Run, and click Enter, or chose the first application option listed: Run Desktop App.
- In the Run command line window, type eventvwr, and click OK.
- With Start option:
- In all Windows versions:
- Right click on My Computer/Computer/This PC
- Click More
- Click on Manage.
- Choose from the list Event Viewer.
- Click on Windows Logs.
Saving the Event Log information
- In the Event Viewer (Local), expand the Windows Logs folder and select the Application log.
- From the main menu click on Action and Save All Events As to save the file.
- Select location to save the file and click Save.
- Follow the above steps to save the System Logs.
- For more information about Windows Event Log see Microsoft Support Center