Applies to: HTTPS, SSL
Applies to CYREN WebSecurity version number: 3.1
Modified on: 12-Oct-2016
The goal of the Protection tab is to enable you to create one or more protection rules that are applied in a hierarchical order to create an overall, organization-wide protection plan. The following article describes how to define protection rules.
- Login to CYREN Web Security Admin Console.
- Click Policies and select the Protection tab.
- To create a new protection rule, click the + button next to the Status column. A new protection rule line will be added.
- Users & Groups column
- Locations column
- In the Locations column, you can choose to apply the protection rule to all locations (Anywhere) or a specific location from the drop down list.
- Location options:
||Transactions coming from any IP origin or source.
||Transactions coming from any of the sites defined under the Locations tab.
||Transactions coming from the specified sites defined under the Locations tab.
||Transactions coming from origins which are not defined as sites in the system.
||Transactions coming from any mobile devices.
||Transactions coming from devices defined as BYOD.
||Transactions coming from devices defined as corporate.
- You can select multiple locations to apply the protection rule.
- Creating custom locations.
- Effective Time column
- In the Effective Time column you can chose to apply the protection rule at all times, or select a predefined time set from the drop down menu, or Create a new Time Set.
- Policy column
- In the Policy column, from the drop down menu chose the policy to be enforced in this protection rule. (How to create a new Policy)
- Status column
- Chose if the Protection rule should be Enabled (enforced) or Disabled (not enforced), by clicking on the Enabled/Disabled.
- Click Save to keep the changes to the protection rule.
- To delete a Protection rule, click on X icon at the end of the rule line, and click Save to keep your changes.