Applies to: Wireless Security, Mobile Security, Policies, Android devices.
Modified on: 14-June-2016
Mobile security for Android is delivered via an application that is downloaded from Google Play Store.
Note – WebSecurity service is compatible with Android devices running Android version 4 and up.
Before Android devices can benefit from the service, the Administrator should enable the Mobile Support.
- From the Android based mobile device, users should click on the onboarding process link within the welcome email sent by the Administrator.
- The registration and download window is opened:
- Click on Install Web Security App.
- If required chose to open the application with Play Store.
- Click INSTALL in the WebSecurity Installation window.
- In the Wi-Fi connection information, click ACCEPT to install the application.
- Once the WebSecurity app has been successfully installed, click Open to start the application.
- In the AUP window, accept the terms and conditions, and click Connect.
- Users will be asked to authenticate themselves one time by entering their WebSecurity username and password, as listed in the original onboarding email sent by the Administrator.
- In the Connection request window, approve the VPN connection set up, and click OK to keep your settings.
- Depending on your Android version, you may get the following window indicating that the WebSecurity application has been successfully installed: