Applies to: File type Control, Media streaming, Policies, Restriction downloads, Bandwidth usage, File size control, application
Modified on: 18-May-2016
The File Type Control section of the Policies page enables you to block content based on maximum size, extensions or file types. When configured, a File Type Control policy will take precedence over end-user settings. The section displays all current filters and enables you to add additional ones.
For each filter, you can specify some or all of the following:
- Maximum File Size (Mb): You can specify the maximum size of the file (in megabytes) that can be downloaded. This means that any file above this amount will be blocked, and users will be unable to access or download it.
- Blocked File Types: you can specify the file types that you wish to block to users (based on the policy being applied to the resource) based on the file type (like video, application, PDF, etc.), or the file extension (like .exe, .mp3, .pdf, etc.).
Note: Blocking file types is based on the HTTP/s transaction's MIME-type.
Follow these steps to use File Type control option:
- Login to Web Security Admin console
- From the left side menu click Policies.
- Click the Policy Sets tab.
- Scroll down to the File Type Control section.
- Under File Type, click Select File Type to expend the file type options:
- Select the file type to be restricted.
- You can set the maximum file size allowed for download. Select the file type from the drop down menu and under the Max size enter the maximum size (in MB) allowed to download.
- Click Save to keep your changes.