Applies to: Configure, Active Directory, ADSync, Synchronizing User accounts
Applies to : ADSync Agent Version number: 2.0.8.00
Modified on: Oct-06-2016
The Active Directory Synchronization Agent should be used when the end-users and groups data is to be synced with the Active Directory to the CYREN WebSecurity Cloud.
- Login to WebSecurity Admin Console.
- Verify that the Active Directory Synchronization is enabled.
- Click Settings, open the WebSecurity tab, and scroll to the Active Directory Synchronization section.
- Click the Download icon to download the Active Directory Sync Agent.
- Note: Don’t change the name of the msi file and also make sure that the file name ends with the # symbol
For example: adsyncagent_org0284605de8728f3f4b263f7a16d3d278_srvus.cpsserv.com#
- Note: Please check the minimum requirements for running the ADSync Agent mentioned below.
- Execute the ADSync MSI installer.
- Upon completion of the installation the Synchronization Agent Configuration window opens.
- The Active Directory Synchronization options:
- LDAP URL: used to set up the URL for the Active Directory Server (for example: LDAP://OU=myOrgUnit,DC=corp,DC=myCompany,DC=com)
- Binding User: provide the username which will be used for reading the AD data.
- Password: provide the password of the binding user.
- Repeat password: verify the binding user password.
- The e-mail object property is the unique identifier for the WebSecurity, make sure it is set.
Note: Initial sync will take sometime to update the user accounts based on the users volume.
- Once the initial Sync is completed the users and groups information will get updated in the CYREN portal.
- By default, a task scheduler will be created for ADSync Agent to update any changes in the Active Directory to the WebSecurity portal. By default, a scheduler is set to run every 10 minutes.
Note: CYREN captures only first & last name, email address and fax numbers. User passwords are not read or copied from the Active Directory.
ADSync Agent minimum requirements:
- Microsoft .Net4.5 Framework
- Windows Server 2008 RC2 or higher
- Workstations with Windows 7 or higher
- 32 or 64 bit