Applies to: Policies, Restrictions, protection rules, Managing Time Sets, Time set
Modified on: June-2-2016
Time Sets enable you to apply time-based policies to users/groups/locations. By default, the Web Security service includes one-time set, called "Always." You can add additional time sets and edit them as needed. Time sets can be used, for example, to block a category during work hours but allow access before and after the workday.
For each time period, a start and finish period is assigned, as well as days of the week and the time zone.
Note: For standard end-users working from a registered location, a policy will be applied according to the local time zone, defined by the Location's time zone.
Create a new Time Set definition:
- Login to the Web Security Admin Console
- Select Policies and navigate to the Protection tab.
- In the Effective Time column click on the drop down menu arrow, and choose Manage Time Sets.
- The Time Sets window opens.
- Click on the blue plus icon + to add and define a new time set.
- In the Name column, enter a name for the new time set you wish to create.
- In the Days column, select the day of the week. You can do this by beginning to type the day, or by clicking in the cell and selecting days from the drop down menu. You can select as many days as you wish.
- In the Time column, specify the hours included in the time set. Use the handles at the edges of the bar to frame the hours to be included.
- In the Time Zone column, select the appropriate value for your region.
- Click Save to add the time set.
- The new time set is now ready to be used within the Protection Rules.
Delete a Time Set:
- Open the Time Sets window.
- Click the red X icon next to the Time Set you wish to delete.
- Click Save to keep your changes.