1. Please attempt first to uninstall Command Anti-Malware through the Control Panel.
2. If you have not rebooted after uninstalling Command, reboot the system before continuing.
3. Check for - and uninstall if necessary - any cached installer packages for a still-installed Command Anti-Malware, AVSDK (CSAM's underlying engine platform) or UPDATER components. Here's how:
- Navigate to C:\Windows\Installer
- Adjust the folder's view to show "Details" and adding the column Author(s)
- Now look for installer files where the author is either "Authentium" or "Commtouch
- Uninstall these by right-clicking them and selecting "Install" (NOT "Uninstall"), then choosing "Remove" in the wizard.
4. Remove any folders named Authentium or Commtouch, from the following locations:
C:\Program Files\Common Files
C:\Program Files (x86) (if on a 64-bit OS)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files (if on a 64-bit OS)
C:\AV (Hidden folder that holds a cache of the CSAM setup files)
5. Install the latest version of Command Anti-Malware. Download from here