Installing F-PROT Antivirus for Linux
Posted by - NA - on 18/07/2014 15:23
Here are detailed steps for installing F-PROT AV for Linux Workstations:
1. Download the package "fp-Linux-i686-ws.tar.gz" from here:
2. Move the package to where you want F-PROT to be installed. For example, if installing to /opt/f-prot, move the package to /opt.
3. Change to the /opt directory and extract the package, e.g. using this command:
sudo tar -xvf fp-Linux-i686-ws.tar.gz
4. Now change to /opt/f-prot and run the install like this:
5. The installer will ask you questions regarding the installation, mainly for paths to the manual pages included and whether to create a cron job for running the Updater (fpupdate) regularly.
NOTE: When in the installation you are asked about licensing, choose trial version. This will then behave as a fully featured workstation AV and is free for home users.