Uninstalling version 6 of F-PROT Antivirus for Windows
Posted by - NA - on 03/10/2016 14:30
There may be situations where users have problems uninstalling F-PROT Antivirus for Windows 6.x (FPAV6) from their machines. For example if a cleanup utility was used to remove the system's MSI cache, Windows Installer may refuse to remove FPAV6.
In order to mitigate such and similar problems in future, we have created a small wizard-based tool that removes FPAV6 independently from the installer. It is called FPAVEX.
FPAVEX will show its user interface in one of the three following languages: English, German, Icelandic, depending on your locale settings. If your locale setting does not give enough hints which language would be preferred, you are prompted to choose one.
1. Download the tool from the download link below to a location of your choice.
2. On Vista (and later), right-click the downloaded file and choose "Run as Administrator".
3. On all other systems, double-click on the downloaded file to launch it.
4. Follow the instructions in the wizard.
Some people do not like the idea of having to run a tool and attend its user interface in order to control it. Thus, FPAVEX contains a silent (or unattended) mode, which is controlled only by command line options. Please find the relevant parts of the README.txt below.
FPAVEX runs on all platforms that are supported by FPAV6. That is from Windows 2000 through Windows 2008. It also handles 32bit and 64bit versions correctly.
- Windows 2000 or later.
- Administrator privileges.